Strength for the Journey
Our Mission and Statement of Faith
Pilgrim Radio’s mission is to establish and operate radio stations and related media facilities for the purpose of advancing a program of Christian education, using an artful blend of music and Scripture, stimulating instruction, interesting guests, and great books. In doing so, we are dedicated to the following three objectives:
Persuade and Reason—To make a powerful and persuasive statement as to the reason and truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to anyone who listens. “In your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect…” 1 Peter 3:15
Build and Encourage—To build faith in the lives of Christians by instruction, example, and encouragement. “He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ.” Colossians 1:28.
Worship and Praise—To present Jesus Christ as the Son of God and to love and worship Him before all men. “Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples! Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works! Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice! Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!” 1 Chronicles 16:8-11
Statement of Faith
In Matthew 16:15, Jesus asked his disciples “Who do you say that I am?” In response, Peter answered with one of the earliest statements of faith recorded in the New Testament: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” That simple yet profound conviction united the earliest Christian believers.
Throughout the following centuries, the Christian church developed more-detailed statements of belief, such as the Apostle’s Creed, the Nicene Creed, and others, which serve to delineate truth from error, and provide helpful summaries of the Christian faith.
At Pilgrim Radio, we join with believers both past and present, in adhering to the historic Christian faith and acknowledging the Bible as our ultimate authority in all matters of faith and practice. As such, we strive to faithfully and carefully declare God’s Word and explain its meaning to all who listen.
We do affirm and declare our belief in the Christian faith and do set forth the following:
• The Bible as the divinely inspired and authoritative word of God.
• The triune Godhead in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• The personality of Satan and his present control over unregenerate man.
• The fall and lost estate of man whose total depravity makes necessary his new birth.
• The deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, death, bodily resurrection, present exaltation at God’s right hand and His coming again.
• The reconciliation of man to God by the substitutionary death and shed blood of Jesus Christ, our Savior.
• The resurrection of the saved unto everlasting life and blessedness in heaven and the resurrection of the unsaved unto everlasting punishment in hell.
• The Church, the indivisible body of Christ, bound together by the Holy Spirit, consisting only of those who are born again, for whom He now makes intercession in heaven and for whom He shall come again.
• Christ’s great commission to the Church to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature, baptizing and teaching those who believe.